Having a business is not an easy job. I say this from personal experience. Building your customer base, outside networking, ads, social profiles. It’s so many things that are necessary to rank in google, and all the while you are crossing your fingers and hoping someone comes across your page and makes a purchase, or calls to make an appointment (depending on your business type).
I have tried many strategies to get local search results and be ranked in the top. I will share a few of these with you so you can get a better understanding of what I am talking about.
What is Google ranking and why is it important?
WHAT: When you put something on your website or business page, the words you use are important. The words people type in when they are looking for a service like yours are keywords. (example: hair salon, women’s health doctor) Then you add on longer more specific phrases to narrow in on the search.
When targeting keywords that are specific to your business it is good to do research on keywords that are higher ranking in google and use those words in your own posts and social media profiles to be able to get ranked higher on google.
What Is Google Keyword Ranking? Google keyword ranking is the position that your website is listed in Google when a user searches that phrase or keyword. A ranking of 1 means that you are at the top. If you are number 11, that means that you are on page 2 of Google as most search results have 10 listings per page. (https://www.thehoth.com/search-engine-rankings/)
WHY: If your website ranks higher on google the chances of your business leads to be higher. Google will see you as a trusted site/business and that gives you more authority in the rankings. You could be getting more phone calls, walk-ins, online orders. All of that is determined on how well you are ranking online.
Higher Ranks=More Leads=More Profit
So, it clearly indicates why your websites needs to be on top. Basically, the picture is the same with other search engines including Google. If your website becomes visible on top, that would mean more authenticity and trust which are obvious elements for more leads and traffic. (https://www.impactbnd.com/blog/important-top-listing-google)
Why you should be worrying about your Local SEO:
Global Search facts
- 81% of people do some online research before making large purchases. (61% of internet users do research on a product online before making any purchase.)
- 47% of consumers view 3-5 pieces of content before contacting the vendor. (For example, your Google map listing and then a few of your web pages.)
- 72% of online marketers say content marketing is their most powerful Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tool.
- 75% of people never visit the second page of search engines.
- Content length matters: The length of the first-page result on Google averages of 1,890 words.
- 70-80% of paid Google advertisements are completely ignored by users, and only receive 10% of clicks on average.
- 40% of mobile website visitors will leave your site if it takes more than 3 seconds to lo
Local Search Facts
- 78% of local, mobile searches result in an offline purchase.
- 86% of people find the location of a business using Google Maps.
- 61% of people who perform a search on a mobile phone are more likely to contact local businesses who have a mobile-friendly site.
- 88% of consumers view online reviews as trustworthy as a personal recommendation from a friend.
- 18% of local, mobile searches result in a sale within 24 hours.
- There has been a 900%+ growth in mobile searches using “near me” and “today/tonight” (for example “electricians near me” and “concerts near me tonight”. (https://macmillandesign.com/)
Knowing these statistics, it would be a mistake not to get your SEO updated and optimized. I mean we are all on our phones most of the time anyways so it makes sense that we would trust it to decide where we are going to shop next. Where we are going to get take-out from. Which salon near me has best reviews.
So, for the lucky people who have made it this far, I am going to share some tips to optimize your local SEO. Used alongside other methods these tips should at least give you a boost up in rankings.
First and foremost, these are things that have worked for me. They may not work for you, you can include them in your steps you already take in your SEO optimization. If it works, great! If not, keep searching. Everyone does something a little different.
- Make sure your N.A.P. ( Name, Address, Phone Number) is correct on all profiles. This includes your GMB, Bing, Yelp, etc… Profiles. They all should match and be exact across all platforms letter for letter.
- Use plenty of images from your business with geotags that link to your business address. Try to encourage customers to take photos and share them to google on your business page!
- Get reviews. Try to get customers to leave reviews and make sure you reply. Google loves ranking active businesses!
- Embed a map from your GMB to your website. Make sure you have your N.A.P. there as well….as many times as possible without being annoying.
- Do competitor keyword research and see what they are using and see what changes you can make to take their spot.
By using these SEO tips you should be able to rank higher in your local market. Seo is tricky and google changes its algorithms often but if you do a check at least once a week on where you are ranking you have a chance to get on top and stay there.
These are not all things that will help your local ranking but these will help. If it feels like too much, let me know! I can do it all for you!
You can check out what I offer and prices HERE
I hope that this helps!